Updated: January 2021
For historic terms and conditions which may be applicable to your reservation, please click here.
Below are some highlighted terms and conditions that we believe are most important to communicate. Upon confirming a reservation you are bound to the full Reservation Agreement which you can view here: Nox Rentals – Reservation Agreement.
Arrival & Departure
- Standard check-in time is 2pm on the day of arrival.
- Check-out time is 10am on the day of departure.
- We will try to accommodate all other arrival and departure times. If you have any special requests please contact the office on [email protected] or via telephone on +27 21 201 1216.
- To guarantee early arrivals or late departures, an additional fee of a half day’s rental may be charged.
- Upon check-in, you will be required to produce proof of your credit card as well as identification.
- Should a guest not check-out at the agreed time on the check-out date, the manager will be entitled to charge for the overstay (at a rate of up to double the average rate of their current stay), for plus all applicable Guest Fees, Taxes, and any legal expenses incurred.
- ***It is important to note that by agreeing to our terms and conditions, the guest authorises Nox Rentals to utilize their deposit to cover any breakages or damages to the property***
- In order to confirm a reservation, a deposit payment of 50% is due within 72 hours of written confirmation of booking.
- Balance payment of 50% is due 30 days prior to arrival.
- We may require a refundable damage deposit of R10,000 – R50,000 to be paid prior to arrival.
- As of 1 May 2020, we charge a once-off per booking fee of up to R495.
- If the guest fails to vacate the property on the departure date, the guest is liable to cover the cost of the average daily rate plus 30% for every additional day they stay at the property.
If your booking was confirmed prior to 21 September 2020, please click here for applicable cancellation terms.
For all bookings confirmed after 21 September 2020, the below policy applies.
- All bookings will receive a full refund if cancelled more than 42 days (6 weeks) prior to the arrival date.
- Bookings cancelled between 42 & 30 days, forfeit the deposit.
- Bookings cancelled within 30 days of the arrival date forfeit full payment.
Refunds and waiver of cancellation policies are at the discretion of management and the ability to re-let the property. In the event that your cancelled dates are rebooked, Nox Rentals will charge an 11.5% booking fee and the guest will receive a refund for the balance.
We advise all clients to take out cancellation insurance.
COVID-19 Related Cancellation:
- Due to the nature of COVID-19, we are aware guests may not be comfortable travelling. Should your travel dates fall within 30 days of arrival and you would like to move them to alternative dates at a later stage, please get in touch with us and we will assess on a case by case basis. The more forward notice we have, the greater the chance we can make a concession.
- Should rules for entry into South Africa change from the time of booking which prevents the guest from travelling to Cape Town due to COVID-19 related restrictions, we will issue an accommodation voucher to the full value of the amount we have received. The voucher can be redeemed for a future dated reservation at any Nox Rentals property. This is on the condition that you notify us within 7 days of the rule change preventing travel to Cape Town.
- Should the main guest not be able to travel due to contracting COVID-19 and provides medical proof of this, the CPA applies and the full value of the accommodation received by Nox can be refunded. This would exclude any third party fees and/or commissions.
All our properties are strictly non-smoking. This includes cigarettes, pipes, cigars, hubbly bubblies and marijuana. Please note that any guests who smoke inside a property will be levied a R5,000 fine per incident. This is payable directly to your Host by Card Payment or Cash. Additional charges may be levied for professional upholstery, linen & curtain cleaning and sanitising.
The Tenant accepts liability for all minors and all visitors to the property. For more information or any queries, please contact us here.
Our Villas are for Accommodation purposes only. We do not act as a hosting venue nor are our properties intended for such use and our full policy on noise contraventions and rules is available to read here.
Note that all of our properties are in residential areas and loud music or noise after 11pm is not tolerated, by law.
Should you wish to hold a small function, our terms and conditions set out in this downloadable Events Memo, will have to be agreed to.