Effective date: 01/11/2019
Nox Rentals offers a fully managed rental solution, offering our partners peace of mind that their properties are being presented in the best possible manner, 365 days a year. In order to achieve our market-leading service we have a range of pricing schedules as follows. Please discuss any pricing queries you may have with Charlie Gordon-Finlayson or Nick Taylor.
Management Fees: 20% inc VAT
All rental-related activity including the following:
- Guest, Online & Agency enquiry management and administration
- Pre-arrival and post-departure inspections
- 24/7 guest concierge services
- Management of guest feedback, complaints & queries
- Hospitality items – tea, coffee, wine, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, guest welcome packs
Schedule: Billed on each rental.
Our management fees are calculated on the “nett” rate we charge out. Ie; the rate after any 3rd party distribution costs.
Property Management & Administration Fees (property size):
- 1 or 2 bedrooms: R1,500 per month
- 3 or 4 bedrooms: R1,750 per month
- 5 or 6 bedrooms: R2,000 per month
- 7 + bedrooms: R2,250 per month
- Administrative support service, including payments to municipalities, suppliers, accountants & auditors, 3rd parties and ad hoc financial performance management.
- Professional photography & content management across all platforms.
- Quality & standards control – inventory management, regular preventative maintenance inspections.
- consulting services for property improvements & general project management.
- Credit card merchant fees & online distribution costs.
- Management & Supervision of Owner-employed Housekeeper.
Schedule: Billed monthly or alternatively only between November and April.
Housekeeping & laundering: Determined by property size
- We keep our annual increases in line with inflationary costs. Our primary cost within our Housekeeping Department is the labour element. We pay our Housekeepers in line with daily market rates. This is currently R220 per day, which over a 6 day week remunerates our Housekeeping staff a monthly salary of R5,720.
- The primary change for the 2018/2019 year is that there will be an additional charge of R290 in the events that a Housekeeper needs to service your property on a Public Holiday or Sunday.
|BEDROOMS||2019 CHARGE||2020 CHARGE||INCREASE|
- Labour (6 days a week; Monday to Saturday)
- All labour relations, training, disciplinaries & performance management
- Staff uniforms & aprons
- Employee leave management
- Cleaning chemicals; kitchen cloths & sponges
- Charlotte Rhys guest toiletries and room sprays
- Toilet paper
Monthly Service exclusions:
- Annual bonus, which is charged in November at an apportioned charge (click link for more info).
- Sunday & Public Holiday overtime where required to attend to a clean of either an occupied property or in the event of a departure/arrival. Charged at R290 per day.
- Off-site laundering on an ad-hoc basis when required. Ie; in the event of a departure/arrival or Sunday arrival preparation.
- Ad hoc housekeeping requests for non-rental properties are billed at R350.
Schedule: Billed monthly.
“Owner booking” guest relations services: R750 inc VAT per booking
- Pre-arrival administration
- Collection of guest details
- Arrival planning – housekeeping preparation; welcome pack
- Meet and greet at the property
- 24/7 concierge services
- Departure inspection
The above fee is only charged where our partners are deriving income from the booking. Partner personal use of the property is not charged.
Schedule: Billed per service, monthly.
- The Nox Group work on a performance fee basis. From the onset, we aim to provide our partners with a realistic indication of the revenues that can be achieved through the property. Should you not be satisfied with the level of income received, please discuss this with your PRO or Nick Taylor. Unlike other Management Companies, we don’t hold our Owners to lengthy contracts and offer a satisfaction guarantee that if we’re not achieving a “pessimistic” level of income, we refund our management and retainer fees.
- In reference to the Annual Retainer, we’re not increasing the charges on what was levied in 2019.
- The broader economy is under severe economic pressure. Our housekeeping staff are facing increases of between 15 and 20% for their transportation into and out of work. There is also widespread inflation on basic foodstuffs and we’re currently paying our staff R5,850 per month (R225 per day for a 6 day week) which will have to be increased in the New Year. We’ve therefore levied in the region of a 5% increase on our housekeeping charges per the schedule on this page.
- Please note that we pay our housekeepers a customary 13th cheque. We, therefore, levy a 50% labour charge to our Owners during December (column 1 of the schedule).
- The above prices will be effective until 31/10/2020.