As happy as we all are to get lots of rain in Cape Town, it can put a damper on our plans. However, when you're visiting Cape town this is not something you need to worry about. We can recommend some great activities for rainy days in Cape Town.
Enjoy a coffee
Capetonians love coffee just as much as they love their wine. Why not take shelter in a cosy coffee shop while it's raining outside. The number of coffee shops has grown quite a lot over the past few years and Cape Town has a coffee shop to suit almost any person. Some of our favourites are Bootleggers, Truth and Jason Bakery. You can find out more about these and more coffee shops on our blog post
Go wine tasting
Cape Town is the wine country of South Africa and we have some incredible wineries which you can visit. While you think this may be a summer activity, a lot of wineries have beautiful indoor wine tasting areas where you can keep warm and dry and still enjoy a fantastic glass of wine. To see some of our top choices of wineries, have a look at our blog posts here
Treat yourself to a Spa day
Sometimes on a holiday, there is nothing better to do than to take a day off and relax at one of Cape Towns fantastic Spas. There are Spas located all around our great city so no matter which area you are staying in, there will be a Spa close by. You can find our top choices for Spas are here
Take in Cape Towns culture
Cape Town is a city of culture and you should take some of it in before leaving. Some of our favourite Cultured activities are touring the Bo-Kaap, visiting the Castle of Good Hope
, the Zeitz Mocaa
and Iziko museums
Watch a show
Cape Town has live theatres where you can catch the latest Broadway. Some of our favourite Theatres are The Artscape
and Theatre on the Bay.
Some may say it's not a holiday if you go to a cinema, but with Cape Town it's different. Experience the Labia Theatre
, Cape Town's oldest repertory Theatre.
Family holidays to the Cape are a great way to create long-lasting memories. Below are some of our favourite family-fun activities.
Spend a day at a Mall
Cape Town has some incredible shopping malls but we have three favourites for a family day.Canal Walk
- Cape Town's largest shopping mall has something for everyone. Take a break for meals or snacks at one of the many restaurants and kids can enjoy the Arcade.The V&A Waterfront
- Not only is this mall huge but it has so much to see and explore. You can spend time at the Aquarium, playing Cave Golf, relaxing and eating some delicious food and of course visiting the international shops.Grand West
- As well as being a Casino (something fun for the adults), this venue has a cinema, ice skating and many more family fun activities.
Below are four of our favourite family fun activities to do in Cape Town.Hint Hunt
- Enjoy a number of different escape rooms. A Challenging but very fun activity, get to know your family better than ever before!Rush
- The name says it all, this is a rush. Have a huge amount of fun and burn some of those calories you've eaten at Cape Towns amazing restaurants.The Shred
- The only indoor public skate park. Free skate or get some lessons and learn how we got around in the 80's!City Rock
- Can't get out onto Table mountain in the rain? No need to worry, get climbing at City Rock.Rollercade
- Time travel back in time and enjoy the fun of roller-skating.
Be creativeClay cafe
- a quiet and relaxing space where you and your family can create works of art as special memories to take home and keep.
Travelers with little children
Little children are busy little bodies. Below are two amazing play parks to keep the little ones engaged and having fun.iPicBounce World
Loving your villa or apartment that you've booked with us? Just stay in and let us help you create an in-house experience for you.We can assist with private chef's and massages for you to enjoy a relaxed day in luxury.